The Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA works in partnership with 254 member agencies in our 11-county service area. Second Harvest provides food to the agencies, which offer bags of groceries or a hot meal to families and individuals facing hard times. Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization within our service area that provides food at no cost to low-income people may be eligible to apply to become a Second Harvest member agency.
Become a Partner
To apply to become a member agency:
- Review the guidelines below for eligibility.
- If your organization is eligible, print, complete and mail an application to our office.
- Contact our Agency Relations Department with any questions you may have:
- Be contacted by the Agency Relations Department for evaluation as a possible member agency.
Guidelines for Eligibility
To be eligible to become a Second Harvest member agency, your organization must:
- Have nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Be an established agency incorporated for the purpose of serving the needy, ill or infants.
- Meet one of the following eligibility requirements for clients: (1) At least 50 percent of the households served food have incomes equal to or less than 185 percent of federal poverty levels; or (2) The agency operates as a food pantry and has qualified or will qualify the clients at 150 percent or less of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Serve meals, snacks, and/or distribute groceries on site without cost or discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, handicap, sexual preference, religion or national origin.
- Have clean, adequate, and secure storage space and/or meal preparation area to ensure the integrity of food received from Second Harvest.
- Provide monthly service reports and maintain records of Second Harvest’s invoices.
- Agree to all conditions and rules in Second Harvest’s contract.