The Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA relies on donations to serve a growing number of people in need of food. Your donation will go to work immediately, with 97 percent allocated directly toward food acquisition, distribution and programs. Each dollar spent by Second Harvest can obtain approximately 6 pounds of food with a retail value of $2.91 per pound. In other words, $1 spent = $17 in retail value. Second Harvest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public organization, so your donations are eligible for a tax deduction. (A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Dept. of State by calling toll free within PA at 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.) Also visit GuideStar for additional information.
You may also wish to review our latest Audited Financial Statement and Form 990.
Charity Navigator is America’s premier independent charity evaluator. In earning Charity Navigator’s highest four-star rating, Second Harvest has demonstrated exceptional financial health, outperforming most of its peers in its efforts to manage and grow its finances in the most fiscally responsible way possible. Click on the Charity Navigator logo above to review our seventh consecutive four-star rating, which places Second Harvest in the top 2 percent of the charities evaluated.
Second Harvest respects the privacy of our donors and does not sell, rent or share donor information with other organizations.
Second Harvest is grateful for each and every contribution – whatever the size – because it helps people in need.
How can you donate to Second Harvest?
- Online through Network for Good, a secure site. For information on privacy, security, how to make a donation and other topics, please visit the Network for Good Help Page.
- By check payable to Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA. Mail to, or drop off at, 1507 Grimm Drive, Erie, PA 16501.
- Through long-term means of support, including stock transfers, beneficiary designations and bequests. Consult your attorney, financial advisor or accountant for advice and assistance.
- Through work group or organization fundraising or donations. For fundraising events, please contact Heather Musacchio at 814-459-3663, ext. 113, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to apply for matching funds. Your donation may be eligible for a match by your employer. Please check with your employer for information.
How can you make a donation special?
- Honor someone important to you. Whatever means you choose to donate, make a tribute gift for birthdays, anniversaries, memorials or other special events. Upon request, we will send a card to those you honor.
- Sponsor a specific program:
Weekend BackPack Food Program
Kids Cafe Program
- Sponsor a Special Event. For more information, contact Heather Musacchio at 814-459-3663, ext. 113, or email@example.com.
- Alleviate Alleviate hunger every day as a monthly donor. You may set up this type of sponsorship when you donate online.
By helping Second Harvest, you are also helping other nonprofit organizations that rely on us for a continuous supply of food. Making sure no one goes hungry in our service region of 11 counties is a community-wide effort. We can’t do it without your help.