Corporate and Adult Groups
Volunteering is a great way to encourage team building, communication and citizenship.
Second Harvest provides many prospects for businesses, congregations, adult groups and friends to volunteer. Groups help with salvage, special events and gleaning. Times are available Monday through Saturday.
Groups are required to have at least five people to volunteer.
Please consider having a hunger presentation before you begin volunteering. Click here to learn more.
Scheduling needs to be made at least one month in advance to ensure dates.
Call 814-459-3663, ext. 106, or firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling and inquires.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. We can provide gloves and aprons upon request.
- The volunteer entrance is on the side of our building, located under the red awning that reads "Volunteer Entrance."
- Please remember to sign in to start your shift and sign out to end it. All new volunteers must read the volunteer manual and fill out a volunteer application before you start your work.
- For your safety, please do not walk past the orange line painted on the warehouse floor.
- We do provide small lockers for you to store valuables. Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- Cell phone use is restricted to the Volunteer Lounge.
- Groups must be scheduled to volunteer. If you show up and you are not scheduled you will not be allowed to volunteer.