Family volunteering is a rewarding experience for the adults and children who get involved.
Second Harvest provides volunteer opportunities for children 6 years old or older and their parent/guardian. Projects are child-oriented and usually involve labeling and packing food. An informational tour is given to teach families about Second Harvest's mission, to explain how Second Harvest works and to increase families' awareness of hunger issues in our area.
Thanks to Smith Provision Company, a meal is now provided to families who volunteer their time during a Family Day.
Family volunteering is held once a month a on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. and
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Check out the Volunteer Calendar for the next available Family Day.
Call 814-459-3663, ext. 106, or email@example.com for scheduling or inquires.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. We can provide gloves and aprons upon request.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The volunteer entrance is on the side of our building, located under the red awning labeled "Volunteer Entrance."
- Please remember to sign-in to start your shift and sign-out to end it. All new volunteers must read the volunteer manual and fill out a volunteer application before you start your work.
- We provide small lockers for you to store valuables. Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- Individuals must be scheduled in advance to volunteer. Unfortunately, we cannot accomondate walk-up volunteers. It is important for us to know in advance when you are coming in order to provide the supplies and supervision to get the job done.