Family volunteering is a rewarding experience for the adults and children who get involved.
Second Harvest provides volunteer opportunities for children 6 years old or older and their parent/guardian. Projects are child-oriented and usually involve labeling and packing food. An informational tour is given to teach families about Second Harvest's mission, to explain how Second Harvest works and to increase families' awareness of hunger issues in our area.
Thanks to Smith Provision Company, a meal is now provided to families who volunteer their time during a Family Day.
Family volunteering is held once a month a on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Check out the Volunteer Calendar for the next available Family Day.
Call Brian McCaleb at 814-459-3663, ext. 106, or email@example.com for scheduling or inquires.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. We can provide gloves and aprons upon request.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The volunteer entrance is on the side of our building, located under the red awning labeled "Volunteer Entrance."
- Please remember to sign in to start your shift and sign out to end it. All new volunteers must read the volunteer manual and fill out a volunteer application before you start your work.
- For your safety, please do not walk past the orange line painted on the warehouse floor.
- We do provide small lockers for you to store valuables. Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- Cell phone use is restricted to the Volunteer Lounge.
- Individuals must be scheduled to volunteer. If you show up and you are not scheduled you will not be allowed to volunteer.