Thank you for your interest in volunteering as an individual. We appreciate your time and your efforts to help feed people who are hungry.
Individuals 14 years of age or older are welcome to volunteer in our warehouse, office, at gleaning projects or at special events. Those interested in Pick Ups must be at least 18 years old and will need to call and make special arrangements.
Volunteers are welcome to volunteer once or on a regular basis. Call Brian McCaleb at
814-459-3663, ext. 106, or email@example.com for scheduling and inquires.
Volunteer Shifts Monday-Friday
Morning: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Afternoon: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Check out the Volunteer Calendar for dates on Saturdays, weeknights, special events or gleaning projects.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. We can provide gloves and aprons upon request.
- The volunteer entrance is on the side of our building, located under the red awning labeled "Volunteer Entrance."
- Please remember to sign in to start your shift and sign out to end it. All new volunteers must read the volunteer manual and fill out a volunteer application before you start your work.
- For your safety, please do not walk past the orange line painted on the warehouse floor.
- We do provide small lockers for you to store valuables. Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- Cell phone use is restricted to the Volunteer Lounge.
- Individuals must be scheduled to volunteer. If you show up and you are not scheduled you will not be allowed to volunteer.