Thank you for choosing to do your community service with Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA.
We accept both court-ordered and school required community service from individuals 14 years of age or older. Volunteers will be working in the Salvage area to help sort, label and repack food.
Once you have completed your service, Second Harvest will be happy to give you a letter stating the number of hours you completed. If you have other paperwork, please bring it with you.
During the school year (September-May) our dates and times fill up quickly. We ask you to please schedule early, and we will do everything possible to accommodate your needs. During the summer (June-August), please schedule two weeks in advance.
Volunteer Shifts, Monday-Friday
Morning: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Afternoon: 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday and Evening Shifts
Please check out our Volunteer Calendar for scheduled dates and times.
All scheduling must be done by calling Brian McCaleb at 814-459-3663, ext. 106, or firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling or inquires.
- Volunteers must wear closed toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. We can provide gloves and aprons upon request.
- The volunteer entrance is on the side or our building, located under the red awning that reads "Volunteer Entrance."
- Please remember to sign in to start your shift and sign out to end it. All new volunteers must read the volunteer manual and fill out a volunteer application before you start your work.
- For your safety, please do not walk past the orange line painted on the warehouse floor.
- We do provide small lockers for you to store valuables. Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- For your safety, cell phone use is restricted to the Volunteer lounge.
- Individuals must be scheduled to volunteer. If you show up and you are not scheduled you will not be allowed to volunteer.