Volunteering is a great opportunity for schools to get involved in the community.
Grades 3 and up are welcome to volunteer during school hours, after school hours, or on Saturdays. Adult supervision is required at all times. Groups are required to have at least five people to volunteer.
Consider having a hunger presentation before your school volunteers. Click here for more information.
Scheduling needs to be made at least one month in advance to ensure open dates.
Call 814-459-3663, ext. 106, or email@example.com for scheduling and inquires.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that can get dirty. We can provide gloves and aprons upon request.
- All students must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The volunteer entrance is on the side of our building, located under the red awning that reads "Volunteer Entrance."
- Please remember to sign in to start your shift and sign out to end it. All new volunteers must read the volunteer manual and fill out a volunteer application before you start your work.
- For your safety, please do not walk past the orange line painted on the warehouse floor.
- We do provide small lockers for you to store valuables. Second Harvest is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
- Cell phone use is restricted to the Volunteer Lounge.
- Schools must be scheduled to volunteer. If you show up and you are not scheduled you will not be allowed to volunteer.